Sunday, October 7, 2007

In the beginning

So, I've just rolled my brand new druid on my favorite server ( where my main is basically) and I'm excited and nervous (a little) to be starting out in the world of druids. Basically, I know nothing about being a druid, nothing. So it's going to be an interesting ride.

A little background about me as a player I guess. My main right now is a mage, she's the first and only character in my world of warcraft experience to reach level 70. She's in a casual guild that raids occasionally, I have fun with her most of the time.

Why roll a druid? Good question. Before I played world of warcraft (yes, there were and are other games!) I always played a healer. I was actually tempted to roll my first world of warcraft character a priest but I was playing exclusively with my husband's rogue at the time and I didn't want to get wrangled into a bad situation. In another game I played while it was in beta, I played a healing class to his dps class and it was awful, the loot system was not fair for the healer. If you healed you got no loot because of two reasons.
1.) you did no damage to the monster so it wasn't lootable for you.
2.) You hit it so you could loot it, but there's no way you're going to be the first one to the corpse because you were in the back keeping everyone else alive.
Not knowing how this would turn out in world of warcraft back when I was a SUPER NOOB! (I'm still a noob, I'll be the first to admit it) I rolled a mage. At least I can still help everyone, with water and food right?

Well I want to heal again... that's why I've rolled the druid. Why not a priest? I don't like them. I tried to play a priest I got to level 22 and got super bored and quit. Why not a paladin? I don't know... honestly I don't have an answer for that, it's just that Druid looks like the most fun to me.

Well I start this adventure with the mindset that I will heal with this druid, who knows, Druids have got to be the most versatile class in the game. As I walk the path who knows where it will lead, I could end up a bear tank for all I know (I doubt it but it could happen)

No comments: