Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Toys

One of the many things I love about World of Warcraft is the ability to customize the user interface with all of the user made addons there are available for the game. I've said it before, I am an addon junky. Surprisingly I have never been completely burned by this addiction. I update my addon's every week, so far, when a patch has hit I have some minor hic-ups for the first few hours and by the end of the day all of my "essentials" are up and running again. My "essentials" include Bongos2 and Pitbull and for my Druid, Clique. Those three are probably the only three addons other than guild required things like a threat meter and Boss Mods that I actually NEED to play Warcraft.

This week with 2.4 hitting the biggest snag I ran into was for a little bit before I left for work on Tuesday night, Pitbull, was enabled but not working. That was it... well my damage meter isn't working either but I expected that with the overhaul blizzard has done to the default combat log.

Anyway, this post is about my new toy, really it is. My new toy is the Belkin N52te. I come from using a Saitek Pro Gamer Command Unit (Yes really ugly bulky name). I am in love with this speedpad. The Saitek has a few more buttons but, the east of programming the Belkin, the way that it fits my hand, and simply the more responsive the buttons are make the Belkin a much better choice. If you're looking into a speedpad, either this one or perhaps Belkin's older model the N52 (I have never used this one but my husband has and he says it's nice) is the way to go.

I also have some updates on Luna's progress I don't have time to write them out right now but good things have happened I promise!

No comments: